Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hello again!! REALLY LONG POST and a video

Hey ya'll!! Hope everyone is doing great out there!! Keep watching for the winner of the $25 scrappy prize from Denise. I know, I had said this morning, but it will be a little later. Stay tuned!!

In the mean time, I'd like to share a list of some newcomers to the Attic this year. They are all great and I know you are just going to love them all!!
Here are your new names to The Attic-Click each name and you will be taken to their website or blog. Just hit the BACK button to come back here to us.
Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker
Jillibean Soup
Scrap within Reach
Shabby Green Door
Tattered Angels
Tim Holtz
Best Creation
Crate Paper
TPC Studio
Bella Blvd

Out of all these I'll be picking one every other day and feature them here. I'll tell you about the artist/company behind the products and maybe a video clip. If you have a minute or so you'll want to watch the videos. You can get so many great ideas from them. Who knows, you may even find a use for something you have had stashed away for months or even YEARS!? I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! Yes! I AM guilty of that one :)

Today I will start with my favorite one... TIM HOLTZ
His website is www.timholtz.com
You can find him on his blog at www.timholtz.typepad.com whipping up all sorts of BRILLIANT creations!!
Let me start by telling you Tim is a traveler!

You can go check out THIS blog entry and read all about one of his many travels.

He is a grungy guru! Most all of his stuff is for distressing, making vintage looking projects, and even the tools are made to distress! He has a hammer for distressing metals, eyelets, and even brads! It works! I have this little gem and it is too cool!!

Tim has all kinds of signature products! Look for this logo...


This one of his artistic creations... made from lots of goodies from his Idea-Ology line.


The Distress Ink is among one of my favorite things he has! As you can see from the picture below there are so many colors to choose from! He also has ink refills for each pad, Distress Stickles, and Distress Crackle paints in each of the colors as the inks. So they all match and blend so good. You can blend the inks with water or spritz them with water and get all kinds of great effects.



Here are a couple of videos for you. This one shows you some of the great things to do with his Distress Inks. (He uses water with his inks... I've used regular old rubbing alcohol *clear stuff* and it is wonderful! It has a raised/embossed effect! You should try it with both the water and the alcohol and see which you like better).

Here is Tim at CHA showing off his Idea-ology line. You can see all the good stuff he does with this line!


You can go to you tube (CLICK HERE) and see all of his videos in one place.

**All pictures were borrowed from Tim's blog. Be sure to go check it out!!!**

Be sure to check back often and see what else I'll have for you! There are so many great ideas floating around on the Internet! I never really knew what was out there until I found BLOGGING! Then I created my own... it is really easy and a way to put your pages/projects out to be seen. If you want to start a blog and just don't have any idea of how to get started, email me at luvtoscap1972@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to help you get started!

Have a great day everybody! Happy Scrappin' from The Attic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment